2016. szeptember 21., szerda

Yellow split pea pottage with chilli - gluten free & vegan

Pottage (or "főzelék" as we call it, others might call it soup) is the star in my family, especially when it's made of lentils, peas or yellow peas. Usually I use curry to prepare my yellow pea pottage but I found a recipe in a magazine on the other day that prepared it with chilli, so I decided to cook my own gluten free & vegan version.

Ingredients:
- 500g yellow split peas, rinsed
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry spice powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or chilli paste
- little olive oil
- 1 big clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 dl Joya Finesse soy creamer
- salt, pepper, freshly ground cumin




In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, cook stirring for about 5 minutes, then add the finely chopped garlic. Stir in the chilli and the curry powder and the rinsed yellow split peas. Pour double amount of water on the peas and add the tomato paste, too. Cook until peas are tender, stirring often. Add salt, pepper, cumin according to your taste. Add the soy creamer and boil it together.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése