2018. augusztus 22., szerda

Vegan & gluten free Kaiserschmarrn - Austrian torn pancakes

The original recipe of these torn pancakes is from Austria and Bavaria. It's something my mom made for us many times in my childhood. It's one of the best comfort foods during the cold season but I craved it so much that I had to make it today. 😋 By the way, I started to get stomach burn from eggs so for many months I didn't have them at all and I feel much better, and my boyfriends allergy has gotten worse lately so he is allergic to the eggs as well now, so I tried to impossible and made an egg based dish without eggs. 

The original Kaiserschmarn is served as a main or dessert, to me it feels like breakfast for dinner! Actually I had it many times for breakfast as well.


Ingredients:

450 g gluten free flour mix
50 g rice grist
3 spoon date syrup
1L rice milk (or any kind of plant milk)
3 g gluten free baking powder
vanilla aroma, according to taste
pinch of salt
1 tea spoon of lemon juice or a pinch of lemon zest (I didn't get nice lemons at the market so I just go with the juice😁)

coconut oil or vegan butter


Combine all the ingredient in a mixing bowl and whisk until you have a smooth batter, let it rest for about 30 minutes. After it rested enough, heat the coconut oil in a big pan and pour the mass in it. Cook it on medium heat until the bottom starts to bronz, then turn it around and break it into pieve with the wooden spoon. Bake it until all the pieces get nice and bronzy. I like it with bigger pieces and baked until it gets a little burnt. 

At my parents house we have it with bakes pear compote, cinnamon sugar and /or homemade jam. And my mom makes it in the oven so it's nicely baked and burnt as I love, I was just scared I mess it up so I tried in a pan first, as the original recipe goes. 

 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése