2016. október 13., csütörtök

{gluten free + vegan} Yellow split pea pottage with curry

While the cookies of my next post are in the oven, I share my newest recipe of our favorite yellow split pea pottage. Last time I prepared it with chili, now I used curry for my family's biggest satisfaction.


Ingredients:
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g yellow split peas
- 2 tbs curry powder
- a pinch of freshly ground roman cumin, pepper and salt
- 1L veggie broth
- 2 tbs olive oil

Slice up the onion and the garlic. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add onions and cook it stirring until they look glassy. Add the curry and cumin powder and cook for about a minute before adding the garlic, too. Add the yellow split peas to the mix and stirr it well. Pour the veggie broth to the peas and let them cook, if the water isn't enough then add more. Spice it with salt and pepper according to your taste. I like to spice it with a mix of Himalaya salt and herbs, too.
 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése